Monday 26 May 2014

3 Attributes on becoming Leader of the Pack in Authorship…

Leaders focus on their strengths. Take at least two or three areas you do well, and do them. Delegate the rest. You’ll not only find that things will run more smoothly, but you’ll also get a lot more done. For me, if I pump out 1000 words a day, I’m doing handstands. I usually focus on the time element and write about 3-4 hours. The rest of the day is networking, sharing what I’ve learned, and being a team player with other authors. I learn more from watching what successful writers are doing, and then I choose what I feel will work best for me.

Leaders are role models. Leaders are adept at that without even realizing it, so be aware and sensitive, choosing your words and behavior carefully. Remembering the Golden Rule—do unto others as you wish them to do unto you—is crucial, and will attract like-minded individuals into your life. Think about who your role model is and what it is about him or her that makes you want to walk in their shoes. The answer may surprise you!

Leaders possess integrity. Be a class act. Strive to become the kind of leader who acts with class, who becomes known as a class act, and who attracts other people with class to his or her sphere of influence. Integrity is all about the state of being complete in everything you think, say or do. The bottom line is to simply choose to live by a higher set of standards, and watch people respond enthusiastically toward you. Always remember that you’re special, and you count!

12 comments:

  1. Great post, Sharon. You are a class act through and through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! The check is in the mail! LOL!

      Delete
  2. You definitely practice what you preach, Sharon. You are a true leader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Sloane, it's a tough gig being an author these days, and I help where I can. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. You are a great leader my friend, and a wonderful supporter! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learn from others, Lisa! You're also a great teacher! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. These are excellent points. many people feel they must do it all, but delegating makes such sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy. Sometime we have to learn the hard way for it to make sense. Salute!

      Delete
  5. I go along with all these but don't consider myself a leader. Sigh. Not to worry. I shall follow you, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading to the pub, Vonnie, still following? LOL! Thanks for your kind comment!

      Delete
  6. I like how you mention keeping to your strengths. I certainly have learned from my first book that I don't have time to do all the promotional work and next time I will be booking a virtual tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sasha! We also must be aware of our weaknesses so we know where to delegate our tasks. Cheers!

      Delete