Thursday 25 August 2011

Blowing My Own Horn!

I’ve got lots to smile about these days. My manuscript, THE LAST TIMEKEEPERS AND THE ARCH OF ATLANTIS, has been requested for review by an up and coming publishing company who just open their doors for submissions the beginning of August. Woo hoo! Sorry couldn’t resist blowing the happy horn again. From the sounds of it, this new breed of publishers seem to put the author first – which is why I submitted to them in the first place. Imagine that – a publishing company who puts the author first! Woo hoo!

The company is aptly called Musa Publishing. The name stems from the seven muses in Greek mythology. I was invited by the head editor for ‘Euterpe’ (pronounced You-terp-Ay), the Young Adult imprint of Musa Publishing, to submit my full manuscript. She also wanted to know my vision for future books. And believe it or not, I had one. For over a year, I’ve been planning the series, writing down the next nine books, each with a title and a premise, plus worked on the prequel to the series during the Muskoka Novel Marathon in July. Talk about being a good girl scout and being prepared! Swing by Musa’s website and check them out if you have a chance.

Now before I go dotting my ‘i’s and crossing my ‘t’s with visions of a signed contract, I know there’s a period of waiting. After which the editor will accept you or say thanks, but no thanks. I’ve been there and done that on the latter, and yes it’s hard, but looking back I see I was ill-prepared for the journey. Now things are different. Now the publishing game has changed drastically. Now publishers are starting to put the author first. Woo hoo!

So, as I wait patiently for a reply, I would like to add one more thing before I sign off. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment