Thursday 28 July 2011

Attitude ...

This will be my last post for July. I can’t believe the summer is half over! Have you had your day at the beach yet? (Or the cottage, the zoo, the pool?) Hope so. If not, there’s still plenty of time for that so make some room in you life for recreation and relaxation. I finally started to get back into the saddle this week. I had put my Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis manuscript revisions aside to concentrate on the Muskoka Novel Marathon. Now that it’s over, it’s back to the grind.

As I was rifling through my numerous writing files, I came across this poem I had kept over the years. Now, I know why I did. I’d like to share it with you, so sit back, relax and read …

Attitude

It is my responsibility to choose what kind of day I am going to have!

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy,

or I can be thankful that the grass is being watered for free

Today, I can feel sad that I don not have more money,

or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely

and guide me from waste.

Today, I can grumble about my health,

or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today, I can lament over all that my parents did not give me,

or I can fell grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today, I can cry because roses have thorns,

or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today, I can mourn lack of friends,

or I can embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today, I can whine because I have to go to work,

or I can be joyed because I have a job.

Today, I can murmur because I have to do the housework,

or I can feel honoured to have a house.

Today, I can gripe about not having enough time,

or I can use my time more productively.

Today, I can complain about the food placed before me,

or I can be thankful that I have a meal to eat.

Today, stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.

And I get to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me.

I get to choose what kind of day I will have.

Have a great day … unless you have other plans.

Author Unknown

So choose wisely, my readers, or the day will choose for you! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment