Thursday 5 May 2011

TO GROW OR NOT TO GROW ...

I am a dinosaur. I freely admit it. No, no, not the kind with fangs and scales – although my kids may have something to say about that – I’m talking about keeping up with the times. Technology is my biggest and scariest hurdle. It is harsh, unknown territory, and yet without computers, the internet, social networks, texting – I could go on, but you get the drift – there would be no growth, no challenges for our wonderful evolving lives. And let’s face it technology DOES make our lives a heck of a lot easier! Dinosaurs had to make way for humanity (actually, they had no choice in the matter), and so, I too must bow to the changes and challenges technology offers OR become like the scaly beasts of the past and disappear forever.

Enter this blog.

In some future blog posts I’ll give one of my characters this platform by interviewing them – even the evil ones – so you get to know and understand what makes him or her tick. I intend to self e-Publish in the near future, so you’ll be able to upload my first book, THE LAST TIMEKEEPERS AND THE ARCH OF ATLANTIS on your e-Reader if you enjoyed what you’ve been perusing on this blog. There will also be a print-on-demand option for those who’d rather read a traditional book. Other titles in my time travel mystery series will follow, as well as titles from my teen psychic mystery series, MYSTERIOUS TALES FROM FAIRY FALLS.

E-Books seem to be the new wave of publishing and today’s youth are crazy-mad for the next electronic gadget or techno device that enters the market place. So it’s time for me to grit my teeth and take that leap of faith into the future. After all, if my characters aren’t afraid to travel into the past or deal with mysterious ways, then what’s stopping me from moving forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment